MAINTENANCE & REPAIR
Curtiss Knives are built to last and come with an Unconditional Lifetime Warranty within reason. When I say within reason, it just means to use common sense. Your knife is not a screwdriver, pry bar or an ax. Don’t use it in that manner. Use it for what a knife is designed for, cutting. Now I don’t care if you are the original owner or the 10th owner. I warranty the knife, not the person. But if for some reason, your knife is defective due to materials or workmanship, I will repair your knife, including parts and labor, or replace it with a new knife at my discretion. Please read below.
- What kind of Maintenance do you recommend for my knife?
I recommend routine maintenance to keep your knife in excellent condition and working order (even if you don’t use the knife on a regular basis). A simple cleaning and lube is all that's needed. Spray WD-40 down both sides of the pivot area and blow out with air. No need to disassemble.
- What is included with Normal Servicing "Spa Treatment"?
Any or all of these services will be performed as needed at the discretion of David Curtiss Knives. There is no charge for any of these services. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule these services.
- Disassembly and Cleaning
- Repair or Replace any worn items
- Refinishing of any worn items
This is a list of currently available customizations.
- Anodizing solid color: Frames, Clip and Backspacer $50.00
- Anodizing solid color: Frames $35.00
- Anodizing solid color: Clip and Backspacer $35.00
- Torch Anodizing: Frames, Clip and Backspacer $100.00
- Torch Anodizing: Frames $75.00
- Torch Anodizing: Clip and Backspacer $35.00
- Full Titanium Pivot and Screws in a solid color $65.00
- Full Titanium Pivot and Screws torched $75.00
- Frames OvalTac Milled $100.00
- Frames "PM" Milled $100.00
- Frames Full Jig Milled $150.00
- Frames Ball Milled $75.00
This list is subject to change at any time. This is a general guidelines as to what is available for most Curtiss Knives products. Any and all requests for these services and/or products listed above must be submitted by email to email@example.com for approval and instructions.