Frequently Asked Questions
COMMUNICATIONS & CUSTOMER SERVICE
- How can I sign up for Email Updates and Notifications?
You can sign up for regular updates and email notifications by scrolling to the bottom of this website and entering your email address.
ORDERS AND RETURNS
- How can I order a knife?
I sell knives on a first-come, first-served basis. All of our products that are for sale will be listed on our website. You are welcome to check the site regularly to see what's new. In addition, if you subscribe to our e-mail updates, we'll notify you when we are releasing a batch of knives. And if you sign up for our In Stock Notification on a particular product, we'll notify you by email when it's back in stock. Finally, we sell to select Dealers who may have stock on a knife that's of interest to you.
- What if I need to Change or Cancel my order?
If you need to change or cancel your order, send an email if you need to change or cancel an order. Please reference the order number and give us specific instructions.
- Can you Customize my knife?
I do not customize knives. I make what I make. I hope you find one you like.
- What Dealers are authorized to sell your knives?
I sell to select dealers who may, from time to time, have our knives in stock. For your convenience, we've included their contact information and/or links to their websites here Dealers.
- Is there a discount available to Military and Law Enforcement/Professional Services personnel?
I offer a 10% discount to all Active-Duty Military, Reserves, Veterans, Law Enforcement, EMT and Fire personnel. To apply for the discount, please email or text me for the discount code before you place your order.
- Do you have LAYAWAY?
You must contact me to set this up.
I offer FREE Lay A Way ~ No Fees, No Interest, No Penalty for early pay off. Available on all knives with a selling price greater than one hundred ($100) dollars.
– Methods of payment for Free Lay A Way are Bank Draft or Personal Check/Money Order. I can also accept PayPal or CC with 3.5% Fee
– The knife may be held on LAW for up to ninety (90) days past the purchase date.
– Shipping cost and taxes are added to the first Lay A Way payment.
How it works:
On the product screen, select the layaway option before placing the item in your cart.
A total of Twenty five percent (25%) of the total cost will be paid at the time of checkout. We will follow up by sending you a layaway invoice that includes a payments schedule and additional payment options. Thereafter, twenty five percent (25%) is due each thirty (30) days with the balance due before ninety (90) days has elapsed. Shipping costs and taxes are added to your initial payment at checkout. A payment schedule will be provided but it is the customer’s responsibility to insure payments are made/received on time.
– A customer may have up to three (3) items on Lay A Way at any time. If more than one item is placed on Lay A Way, all payments for all items must be current before any one item can be paid off and shipped.
– The Bank Draft payment option is Free and is completed using a Secure Link contained within the Lay A Way Invoice. This same Link may be used to pay all subsequent payments. Your personal / Bank information is not transmitted to me, only the amount that you have paid.
– The second and third payments may still be made using Personal Check and/or Money Order via US Mail but the payment must be received prior to the date designated for that payment.
– A Customer may request to use PayPal or Pers CC for any payment, if either of these methods are used a Convenience fee of 3.5% will be added to each payment.
Early Pay Off
If you would like to complete payment and receive your knife early there is no penalty for early pay off. Contact me at any time during the Lay A Way period to coordinate the pay off of your Lay A Way item(s).
Cancellation / Change
If at any time during the lay-a-way process a customer;
– Decides to exchange the item on Lay A Way for another item
– Decides to cancel the Lay A Way purchase
– Misses a payment (grace period of 48 hours is given)
A refund or exchange will be made minus a Cancellation / Exchange Fee of 20% of the value of the LAW. The item(s) will be placed back up for sale. Refunds will be tendered by Check.
MAINTENANCE & REPAIR
- What is your Warranty?
Curtiss Knives are built to last and come with an Unconditional Lifetime Warranty within reason. When I say within reason, it just means to use common sense. Your knife is not a screwdriver, pry bar or an ax. Don’t use it in that manner. Use it for what a knife is designed for, cutting. Now I don’t care if you are the original owner or the 10th owner. I warranty the knife, not the person. But if for some reason, your knife is defective due to materials or workmanship, I will repair your knife, including parts and labor, or replace it with a new knife at my discretion. If you need a repair or just want your knife sharpened, just mail it to CURTISS KNIVES, P.O.BOX 902, GRANGER, IN. 46530 and put a note in the box telling me what to do. Its that simple.
- What kind of Maintenance do you recommend for my knife?
I recommend routine maintenance to keep your knife in excellent condition and working order (even if you don’t use the knife on a regular basis). A simple cleaning and lube is all that's needed. Spray WD-40 down both sides of the pivot area and blow out with air. No need to disassemble.